Reflections

I have had many changes through LIBE 477. The biggest one was that I won my very first posting as a teacher librarian which starts in September. This means that the information from this course went from being a bit theoretical for me to very realistic!  
However, I have also had a shift in mindset on the use of technology. I had to get a Twitter account and develop a blog to even participate in this course. I am no tech slouch but the idea of adding to the plethora of information on the internet that I see kids struggling to swim through felt weird. At first I saw it as the digital equivalent of littering.  I thought: why would I take up space on the internet musing about something I know nothing about? And, who would want to read what I have to say? 
And, just like Richardson's son who found a community through Minecraft to build his knowledge and sense of belonging, I have too. I have learned so much from reading other people's blogs, following links they have suggested, and watching videos they have embedded. I also feel like I have some contacts beyond my little town to reach out to when I am not sure I can find someone in my district to answer the question. 
Thank you.

Comments

  1. I am happy to hear that you went from thinking of blog posts as "littering" to a source of valuable advice and professional learning. Personal learning networks can be an important part of gaining the skills needed to be an effective teacher-librarian. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have information, will travel!

Dipping My Toe In

"Read with Expression"